Dog's Dinner

"You're not loved because you're lovable, you're lovable 'cause you're loved."

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Someday, A King Will Come

It's a little distressing that before even having opened, the new sushi place in my town has been defaced with a graffito, albeit a timid, innocuous, even elegant one, small, abstract, and amber in color. But I suppose the management asked for it by placing a huge black & red banner over the street several months ago proclaiming "Here Will One Day Rise a SUSHI-BAR." In fact the graffito and the banner together will probably be the only interesting aspects of the restaurant's life, if the sushi is going to be comparable with what I've eaten in Krakow and Katowice. I know many (most?) people would just say, "Polish sushi? A non-starter!" and have done with it, but as you know, I like strange and sometimes unsuccessful syntheses, hybrid homunculi, awkward juxtapositions, et al. And someday, mark my word, there will be great sushi in Silesia.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been finding almost all of my samurai sushi here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home