Dog's Dinner

"You're not loved because you're lovable, you're lovable 'cause you're loved."

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Poem: The Fur Needs Air

The fur needs air,
he said. Don't leave it in the casing.
It needs to breathe. I'll see what I can do.
It will be quite expensive. But I am
the only dry cleaner in Silesia
who gets the job done.
I use the old-time method,
extremely toxic, dangerous to myself
and other humans
and a scourge of the environment.
Film stars and crooners, divas and other folk
come here from Warsaw
to have me clean their furs.

You must be mindful,
have a care, but then, who knows.
My old lady
when she started to put on the pounds,
couldn't wear the fur,
put it away for our daughter.
Wouldn't you know,
she turned out twice as fat as her mother,
twice as fat as her mother,
that's how it is.
I'm telling you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home