Dog's Dinner

"You're not loved because you're lovable, you're lovable 'cause you're loved."

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Food of Love, revisited

I think it's the xylophone in "Once Upon a Time" that makes it. If it is a xylophone. There's also a great xylophone solo in the Beatles' cover of The Shirelles' "Baby, It's You."

And speaking of duets, I just yesterday discovered a different version of Zemfira's big 2000 hit "Khochesh'?" (difficult to translate, literally "Do you want?") featuring Rammstein. I guess not really a duet because I think Rammstein just got permission to take the Zemfira track and lay their own track over it, but definitely worth a listen.

My dream duet would be Morrissey singing the old standard "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" with his known arch-nemesis, the Cure's Robert Smith.

Curiously enough, I heard a Polish version of "Where Have All the Flowers Gone" playing in a bookstore today, sung by a woman with a beautiful voice. Didn't catch many of the words, don't know if it was a translation or something completely different.

While browsing in the video section, however, I noticed with some pleasure that the title of the (presumably awful) film For Love of the Game, with Kevin Costner, was translated as "Gra o milość" or "[The] Game for Love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home